- Why Partner with The Dayton Foundation?
- How We Can Help Your Clients
- Benefits for You and Your Clients
- Services for Advisors
- What Advisors Have Said about Us
- Our Advisor Partners
- Talking to Clients about Charitable Giving
- Solutions for Your Clients
- Types of Funds
- What Your Clients Can Give
- Administrative Fees & Investment Policy
- Options for People with Disabilities
- Advisor Newsletter – Futures
- Sign Up for GiftLaw E-Newsletter
- Seminars & Events
- Other Online Resources
Charitable Solutions for Your Clients
At The Dayton Foundation, we will work with you and your clients – whether individuals, families or businesses – to customize a giving plan that will help them realize their charitable intent, maximize their investment and achieve maximum tax savings.
Scenario: A Springboro retiree wants to increase the income that he and his wife currently receive from his certificates of deposit, but he doesn't want to risk investing in stocks. He also likes the idea of leaving something after his death to benefit the arts and education in his community.
Solution: Suggest that your client establish a charitable gift annuity that provides a guaranteed stream of income to himself and/or his spouse. Any remainder left when the annuity payments stop can be used to establish a charitable fund at The Dayton Foundation for the charity or charities that your client designates. Your client will have peace of mind in knowing that his income payments are assured, while his charitable objectives will be met far into the future.
Highly Appreciated Assets
Scenario: A Centerville couple owns appreciated real estate and wishes to donate it to their church, but the church isn't equipped to accept gifts of real estate.
Solution: Suggest to your clients that they donate the property to The Dayton Foundation to establish an endowed fund for the church. Your clients will receive a tax deduction for its fair market value, while avoiding the capital gains tax that would arise from a sale. The Foundation will sell the property and use the proceeds to provide continuing operating support to the church.
HERE TO HELP
“These scenarios illustrate a few ways we can help you achieve your clients' charitable goals. To tailor a solution to your client’s individual needs, please contact me.”
– Joe Baldasare, vice president, Development, at (937) 225-9954
- ©2014 The Dayton Foundation
- All rights reserved worldwide.
- Phone: (937) 222-0410